Monday, October 3, 2011

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?



It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is hosted by Sheila over at Book Journey



The past week has been very, very good week for me in terms of reading. I'm still stuck at the two-books-a-week block, despite my exams having ended, but it was self-imposed this time around. I doubt I'd have been very happy with any book after the last one I read.

Books I Read Last Week:


The Witchlanders by Lena Coakley:
An alternate universe and absolutely no romance. The perfect book for me. I loved it!

Read my review here.

Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor:
 
Hands-down the best book I've read in all of 2011. Nope, I'm not kidding. People, its an awesome, beautifully written book. Its like nothing you would have ever read before. Not your average angel-and-devil story, this one. I gave up on reading anything else after this last week, knowing nothing would satisfy my expectations after this one or live up to it.

Read my huge rambling review here.






Up Next On My Reading List:

Half-Blood by Jennifer L. Armentrout:
I'm still waiting on this one's arrival. According to TBD's shipping data it should have arrived by now, but looks like fate's determined to keep this one away from me. I probably shouldn't complain since its been shipped before release but it would have made an excellent birthday present. *sigh*









The Son of Neptune by Rick Riordan:
Yes, I know I should probably not be reading tween literature at the same time as YA, but I do love anything Greek Mythology. Yet another scheduled birthday gift that never arrived.








No comments:

Post a Comment